Monday, October 22, 2007

Cupcaking: The Sport

Has anyone seen October? Anyone.....? Well, if you happen to know where it went, please let me know.

When we signed our building lease back in July, it included the legal phrase, "Time is of the essence." We laughed and said, "we'll, OBVIOUSLY, time is of the essence!" It seems even truer today. So many details, so little time... who wants to start a pool for our opening date? Any takers? I'll throw in a dozen cupcakes for the person that gets the date correct!

UPDATE: The subcontractors have been in the building for the past week or so. It sounds like most of them should be finishing up this week or next. Then drywall.... Woop Woop! I've never been so excited about drywall. But it means we will actually have REAL WALLS! Not just the imaginary ones we've been working with to come up with lighting, decor, etc.

As far as cupcakes go, well, they are starting to really shape up as well. We are working on a menu for our opening month, and it's full of delicious fall/winter flavors and colors. We've both been spending our weekends engaged in the sport of cupcaking. And let me tell you, the way we do it, it SHOULD be considered a sport. All day. All night. We make cupcakes. I feel like I'm training for some sort of cupcake marathon. Watch out Hostess... I'm building up my endurance and I'm in it for the long haul!!!

3 comments:

Jenna Z said...

I will stake a claim for November 26th!

Loretta said...

Just curious about whether or not you've opened yet? I'm hoping you open soon!

Jenna Z said...

Wow, if I would have guessed way back in October that you would open in April, I think it would have been taken. Congrats on opening! I have heard mixed reviews so I think I will wait a few weeks before visiting. Those first few weeks are always sort of a mixed bag, I think.